Reisinger poultry started in the 1950’s on the family farm of Donald Reisinger Sr. He processed and sold his chickens at his market stand located in the York Central Market. Under the ownership of his son, Donald Jr., the business quickly outgrew its small processing ability. While maintaining the market stand at York Central Market, a distribution center was opened at 1030 Mt. Rose Ave in York, PA to service a rapidly growing clientele. Reisinger was one of the very first distributors to be contacted by Frank Perdue as he was developing his fledgling company.
It was operated by Donald, Jr. at the facility in York until June 1988 when it was purchased by its current owners, Frank and Sherry Kraft. In 1993 a new facility was erected in Leader Heights and an expansion to the facility was completed in 1999.
Reisinger Poultry, Inc. was originally founded as a chicken and turkey distributor. By expanding our lines to a full service, first receiver meat and deli supplier, we can fully supply all of our customers’ needs. Reisinger currently has a sales volume of over 40 million pounds annually with a staff of 38 employees.